What is the Windows Subsystem for Linux?
The Windows subsystem for UNIX operating system lets developers run a GNU/Linux atmosphere – together with most command-line tools, utilities, and applications — directly on Windows, unmodified, while not the overhead of a standard virtual machine or dual boot setup.
- Choose your favorite GNU/Linux distributions from the Microsoft Store.
- Run common command-line tools such as grep, sed, awk, or other ELF-64 binaries.
- Run Bash shell scripts and GNU/Linux command-line applications including:
- Tools: vim, emacs, tmux
- Services: SSHD, MySQL, Apache, lighttpd, MongoDB, PostgreSQL.
- Install additional software using your own GNU/Linux distribution package manager.
- Invoke Windows applications using a Unix-like command-line shell.
- Invoke GNU/Linux applications on Windows.
What is WSL 2 ?
WSL 2 of could be a restructure of the Windows system for UNIX operating system design that powers the Windows system for UNIX operating system to run ELF64 UNIX operating system binaries on Windows. Its primary goals square measure to extend classification system performance, likewise as adding full call compatibility.
This new design changes however these UNIX operating system binaries act with Windows and your computer’s hardware, however still provides an equivalent user expertise as in WSL one
Individual UNIX operating system distributions are often run with either the WSL one or WSL a pair of design. every distribution are often upgraded or downgraded at any time and you’ll be able to run WSL one and WSL a pair of distributions aspect by aspect. WSL a pair of uses a wholly new design that advantages from running a true UNIX operating system kernel. Source of Microsoft…
How to use Kali Linux in Windows 10 ?
- Control Panel–Unstall a Program
- Turn windows features on or off
- Windows Subsystem for Linux ( Click on Box)
- Back to your Desktop and search “Microsoft Store”
- Search kali linux
- Click get Start
- Start Download
- Search Windows Powershell and Run to Administrator
- Past this WSL Enable cord: ” Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux “
- Open CMD
Some Linux command
- cd / ( Change directory)
- ll (List)
- hostname (Show Host name)